Lord Shiva’s temple at Kushasthal (present day Cortalim) was a place of pilgrimage till the Portuguese took over this part of Goa in 1560. Devotees moved the Shri Mangesh Shivalinga from Kutthal to a safer place under a Hindu prince, which now is known as Mangeshi.
The present temple was built in 1890. In the temple compound is also the column of light, the Deepa stambha.
Also read: The origin of the name Shri Mangueshi
Panaji – 20 kms, Airport 36 kms, Madgaon 28 kms, Calangute 34 kms, Mapusa 33 kms, Ponda 7 kms. Nearest Railway Station: Karmali 13 kms / 15 mins.