ShivShankar.in aims to be the World’s Largest depository of information about Lord Shiva, providing details about temples, stories, publications and photos for your use, and onward distribution. Please enjoy this resource that has original articles and original photos contributed by many people. Keep visiting this website regularly to see newer additions. Do see our Mission and Get Involved – we need more photos and paintings, history, stories, articles, technical and editing help.
- Kusha sthali
- Maha Devi destroys Mahishasura and his clan
- Current Manu Vaiwasvata and Surya Vamsha
- Origin of Kedar Kshetra and its importance
- Goddess Parvati prays for Shiva
- Shiva Purana
- Triteeyodhyaaya-Hasti Shaila Mahima
- Devi Bhagavata ‘Phala Sruti’ (Benefits of Reading and Hearing)
- Origin of Ling from Ling Puran
- Pravarakhya and Varudhini – Swarochi and Manorama- Swarochisha Manu
- King Harischandra, an exceptional example of Dharma (Virtue) and Satya (Truth)
- Why were the defenceless sons of Draupadi killed in sleep?
- Why did Balarama atone for the sin of ‘Brahmahatya’during his pilgrimage?
- Why did Draupadi marry all the five Pandava brothers?
- Jaimini’s doubts on ‘Mahabharata’ clarified by the Holy Birds
- Muni Durvasa’s curse to Apsara leads to the birth of Holy Birds
- Markandeya refers Sage Jaimini’s doubts to Holy Birds
- ESSENCE OF MARKANDEYA PURANA
- ANNEXURE ON VISHNU SAHASRANAMA
- Dwaraka ‘Mahatmya’
- Prabhasa Kshetra Mahatmya
- Birth of Viswamitra, cause of his rivalry with Vasishtha and his curse to Saraswati
- Most Significant ‘Siva Kshetras’ as identified by Maha Deva
- Origin of Nagara, Shankha Tirtha, Achaleswara / Siddheswara Lingas
- Viswamitra sends mortal Trishanku to Swarga
- Narmada’s Origin, significant events ascribed to the River and her Mahatmya
- Avanti Kshetra Mahatmya
- Origin and ‘Mahatmya’ of Kasi
- Description of Celestial Worlds
- Manasa Tirtha